Politics & Union News Articles
Herewith South Africa’s State Capture investigating Team of Seven
Thursday 15 March 201716:30GMT [CWSN] Kesia Qulu
Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Appointed as the commission Chair. He has been assigned with the role to investigate alleged fraud and corruption allegations labelled against the public sector and state organs.
Dr Khotso De Wee occupies the Secretary of State Capture commission. Currently occupying the Executive Director of Fort Hara Solutions.
Terence Nombembe occupies the Head of investigations position. She is currently holds the CEO at the South African Institute of Charted Accountants.
Paul Joseph Pretorius to head the legal team. He is a member of the South African Law Commission Working Group on Mediation.
Isaac Vincent Maleka supporting head of legal, current Deputy Chairperson of the Disciplinary Committee of Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors.
Leah Gcabashe, Legal Team member vice chairperson of the Johannesburg Society
Thandi Victoria Norman, Legal Team member currently Kwazulu/Natal’s chairperson of The Advocates for Transformation.
CREDIT NEWS 24
SIX APPOINTED TO INVESTIGATE STAE CAPTURE
Former state auditor Terence Nombembe ( head of the team)
Dr Khotso De Wee( secretary) Paul Joseph Pretorious SC( head of legal team)
Vincent Maleka SC ( leagal team) Leah Gcabashe SC (legal team)
Thandi Victoria Norman SC (legal team)
- The commission has no power to prosecute rather make recommendations for prosecution
- The team will deal with those refusing to give evidence
- To look into issues of extradition etc in the case of witnesses outside of the country
- Evidence gathered during inquiry will not be used subsequent criminal proceedings
- Certain aspects of the anquiry will be kept away from the public
- The commission will draw on evidence given at parliament committees related to state capture
- President ramaphosa has been informed that the 180 days provided for the commission to complete is not too short.
- Zondo hopes the inquiry will assist south Africans understand the the debth the issues of state capture
- Marck 1 can be considererd as the day the inquiury started working. Back